Updated Feb 2024
Information we collect
We collect information in the following ways:
- Account and profile information. When you sign up for a Perspect account, we store information such as your email address. This will never be shared publicly without your consent.
- Billing information. We collect billing address and credit card information if you purchase a premium version of Perspect. Billing address and credit card information is securely passed to our payment processing partner and is not stored at Perspect.
- Plugin usage content. We collect and store the path of the file you are editing, timestamps, project names, branch names, editor names & versions, languages, libraries/imports from opened files, line counts of opened files, position of your cursor in opened files, your computer’s hostname, your computer’s timezone, your computer's operating system name and version information, and websites visited in your browser from your usage of our downloadable plugins. We do not receive or store your source code. All plugin usage information will never be shared publicly without your consent. This information is deleted when you delete your Perspect account.
- Integrations. If you grant us authorization to integrate with another service provider, we will connect that service to ours and only collect data from that service which is necessary to provide you the integration service. For example when you connect the Google Calendar integration, we temporarily store the names of your calendars during the integration setup process. After you have selected which calendars to integrate with Perspect, we only store the calendar names, event titles, event start times, and event end times for the calendars you have selected. We do not receive or store calendar data for calendars which you have not selected. We do not receive or store your passwords or source code for any integration services. You can remove an integration at any time which unbinds that integration on a go-forward basis and deletes all content that was received from that service. Your content, including Google Calendar data, is also immediately deleted and no longer stored or indexed by Perspect when you delete your Perspect account.
How we use information we collect
When you contact Perspect, we may keep a record of your name and email address to better solve any customer issues. We may use your name and email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Information we share
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- With your consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the integrations that you connect to your account through our Integrations feature.
- Aggregated and de-identified information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
- As required by law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
We work hard to protect your private information. We enforce SSL when our users communicate with Perspect. We use a one-way hash algorithm with random salt to store your password.